Thursday, December 4, 2014

Pumpkin Time

I have never been a big fan of carving pumpkins.  They are so slimy, messy, and a lot of work for something that will rot in a few days.  I've done it before with the kids but it's definitely not my favorite.  So we usually paint them.  The kids love it and I love that they will last for weeks.  (Or even months.  Yes, it's December 4th and our pumpkins are still on the porch.)  It's so fun seeing my children's grow and develop into their own person.  Bella took this painting so seriously.  I mean look at this face!

Bella took the time drawing out a face on paper and then onto her pumpkin before getting into the paint.  Judah on the other hand, just dove right in.  Bella was sweetly encouraging Judah along the way.  "Great job Bugger, that looks great!"  She can be so sweet.

So here they are!  Samuel had a little help from me, but he loved that little pumpkin!

Bella's scary face


Oh, and just for fun here's another picture of Samuel I took that day!  He cracks me up!





No comments:

Post a Comment