We had our very first snow as Texans! When we first moved to Texas I never would have guessed that Texas got snow. Well apparently it does: every year. Okay, it really doesn't get a whole lot of snow, but it does happen.
I noticed snow in the forecast as I was making dinner. I would run out and see if it was coming down yet and then run back inside to finish dinner. I probably did this 20+ times, maybe more. I wanted so badly for the kids to see the snow. I checked outside at about 8:00, right before we put the kids down for the night: no snow! Literally 10 minutes later I checked again and it was snowing. I really wanted to get the kids out of bed to show them, but they never would have gone to sleep had I done that. So I made Caleb go out front with me, probably about 5 times. In the morning we may have woken the kids up a bit early. We wanted to make sure they were able to play with the snow before it all melted. They had a blast. They didn't care that there was only half and inch of snow. They were building snow castles and throwing snowballs and having a blast. What a fun first for us!
I noticed snow in the forecast as I was making dinner. I would run out and see if it was coming down yet and then run back inside to finish dinner. I probably did this 20+ times, maybe more. I wanted so badly for the kids to see the snow. I checked outside at about 8:00, right before we put the kids down for the night: no snow! Literally 10 minutes later I checked again and it was snowing. I really wanted to get the kids out of bed to show them, but they never would have gone to sleep had I done that. So I made Caleb go out front with me, probably about 5 times. In the morning we may have woken the kids up a bit early. We wanted to make sure they were able to play with the snow before it all melted. They had a blast. They didn't care that there was only half and inch of snow. They were building snow castles and throwing snowballs and having a blast. What a fun first for us!
No comments:
Post a Comment