Last Thursday my Mommy thought that her water may have broke, but I think I just head butted her bladder and made her pee a little bit. Her and Daddy had to go to the hospital in Walnut Creek for their orientation and tour of the hospital, so since they were there the nurse midwife they talked to suggested Mommy get checked out. As it turns out her water didn't break. But while she was there they became concerned because her blood pressure has been a little high. They thought maybe she had PIH (Pregnancy Induced Hypertension). But it seems she just has "white coat syndrome". She was hooked up to monitors to monitor my heart rate and her contractions. (She didn't know she was having any, but apparently she was having some very mild ones.) So now she knows what they feel like, although they will get A LOT more painful! They checked her cervix, which isn't dilated yet, but she was 15% effaced. Mommy, Daddy and I were in triage for 5 hours, and as it turns out, everything is fine and normal. On the plus side Mommy became familiar with the hospital and how things work there. AND Mommy and Daddy got to see me again! They were amazed at how big I'm getting. Plus they are excited to know I'm head down.
Over the past week Mommy has been having some mild contractions and some Braxton Hicks as well. Mommy and I go to the Dr again tomorrow morning and we are going to a Breast Feeding class so Mommy will have a better idea of how to help us learn to nurse!
I will let you know if there is any new news! Can't wait to see you all face to face!
No comments:
Post a Comment