Sunday, June 1, 2014

Moving to Texas!

Yes!  We're moving to Texas.  I never thought I'd be a Texan.  It's not that I didn't want to, it's just that even in my wildest dreams, I never would have guessed that I would one day live in the state of "y'all".  But I am excited.  I'm excited for my husband to finally have a new job.  I'm excited that after 7 years of marriage I will finally have my husband home every single night!  I'm excited for new adventures and buying a home.  I'm sad to leave and say goodbye to all my family and friends.  But I'm choosing to dwell on the good and exciting!  God is in this, of that I'm sure.  And God is good!

Probably about a month and a half ago my husband casually mentioned to me that he'd been applying to jobs in Texas again.  This is something that he's been doing off and one for about a year.  Most of the time he didn't hear from them.  One time he had a phone interview but nothing come of it.  So when he mentioned this news to me I hardly thought anything of it.

April 28 I was at my mom's house dropping of the kids so I could go to work.  Caleb called me to tell me that he heard back from one of the hospitals that he had applied to.  My heart sank, I knew this was the one.  I knew nothing of the hospital, all I knew was that this time it was real, we were moving to Texas.  Two days later Caleb had a phone interview with the hospital.  Two days after that they called to ask him to fly out for a face-to-face interview.

The following week we spent the week at Disneyland.  It was a welcomed distractions!  We had a blast!
Fun family trip to Disneyland
Fun family trip to Disneyland for Samuel's birthday
May 14 Caleb, Samuel, and I flew to Dallas for the interview.  The interview went well, Caleb left feeling pretty confident that he would be offered the job.  They said it would be a week before he heard back from them.  They called the next morning and offered him the job!  That was two weeks ago!
Interview day!
Interview day!
As much as I don't want to leave, I know this is the right thing for our family.  We have been praying throughout this process to know God's will for our family, and the whole time we have felt him opening and closing doors, guiding us through every step.  I'm thankful for the confidence we have in the Lord!  He will continue to bring us to the right home, church, and friends.

A month ago I never would have thought we'd be moving so far from home.  And now Caleb's first day of work in Dallas is a short 15 days away!
Until then, I pack!

No comments:

Post a Comment