Well, today I am 41 weeks in my Mommy's tummy! She is feeling pretty good, just tired and sore. I am very content where I am, although I am getting kind of cramped!
On Monday my Mommy and I went to Labor and Delivery because my Mommy noticed I wasn't moving very much. So they put us on the monitor to make sure I was still feeling well (which I was). My heart rate was good. My Mommy discovered that she really was having some pretty regular contractions, although they weren't very strong. The Dr checked to see if Mommy was dilated. She was about 1/2 cm dilated and about 50% effaced. The Dr also did an ultrasound and my Mommy and Grandma May got to see how big I was getting. They saw my bladder, which was full, my heart, and my lungs. The Dr saw that there was still enough fluid in my Mommy's tummy, so we were able to go home.
So today we went to see our regular doctor. He did an ultrasound and Mommy and Daddy got to see me again! They were able to see my head and my heart, as well as my legs. The Dr put us on the monitor again to make sure I was still moving around a lot. Well, I didn't feel like moving very much so I didn't, even though Mommy drank juice, the nurse put something on my Mommy's tummy that made a loud noise, and the nurse tried to shake up Mommy's timmy. But I was tired and didn't feel like moving. Mommy and Daddy said I was being stubborn! Again Mommy was having contractions, some of them were getting stronger. They varied from about 2 to 7 minutes apart. The nurse was happy to see that my heart rate didn't drop when Mommy's tummy was contracting. When the Dr came back, he told Mommy and Daddy that Mommy's cervix was dilated to 1.5 cm. Daddy and Mommy were so excited! The Dr was very impressed with the progress, he said that he would be surprised if I wasn't born this weekend. We have a Dr appointment scheduled for Monday just in case I'm not born. If that's the case, they will induce Mommy on Tuesday!
I could be born at any time. But for sure it will be no later than Tuesday (or Wednesday if Mommy has a really long labor). I can't wait to meet you all!!!!
Grandpa Bill is very excited to me you too. Love you Isabella
ReplyDeleteWelcome 'lil one! You're here! We're so glad you're healthy - everyone is very happy :D
ReplyDeleteGod has made you very special indeed! We will love to watch you grow and learn. Love to you all!
Auntie Helen