Sunday, September 28, 2008

26 weeks


Well, I'm 26 weeks now and here is what's going on with me.  First, my Mommy had to take the gestational diabetes test, and passed no problem.  YAY that means I still get sugar!  As far as my development goes, this is what's new...

I am now 14 inches long from head to toe, apparently the length of a English Hothouse Cucumber (The picture to the left show's a English Hothouse Cucumber compared to a quarter).  I am daily putting on weight and now weigh about one and two-thirds pound!  My hearing  has developed quite a lot.  I can now hear conversations between people.  I am now inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid which is helping my lungs to further develop.  These breath-like movements will also help me to take my first breath when I am finally born.

My Mommy is feeling good, but getting more tired and a little more uncomfortable.  I am moving around a lot.  My Mommy loves when I do that.  I have allowed my Daddy to feel me move a few times, he even saw my Mommy's tummy move one time when I kicked!  Only about 3 more months until I get to meet everyone!  YAY!

*This information was taken from babycenter.com*



No comments:

Post a Comment