Saturday, May 1, 2010

Sacramento Zoo

We took Isabella to the Sacramento Zoo today.  It was her first visit to the zoo and I definitely think it was a hit!


We had told her in the morning that we were going to go see the animals.  All morning long she kept asking "Ammals?"  She was so excited she didn't sleep the entire hour drive to Sacramento.  We left home about an hour before her nap time, so I was sure she would sleep.  But the anticipation kept her awake.


Once we arrived, Bella was a little tired, but it didn't take long for her to realize we were finally able to see the animals.  The first animals we saw were some birds, but she had a herd time finding them in their cage.  But it was very obvious when she actually found them because her entire face lit up.  We saw some chimpanzees and orangutans, all of which Bella called "ah ah ah."  Next we saw bongos (I had no ideas what they were.  They are part of the antelope family.), zebras, and, ostriches.  Bella loved the zebras.  The zoo workers had just put fresh food in for them, so we were able to watch them eat.  Bella was happy to just sit there and watch them.  Bella wanted to walk after we saw the zebras.  As we were walking to see the next animal, she saw the giraffes.  The moment she noticed them she started running towards them pointing and squealing.  I had no idea she would be so excited about giraffes.  She stood there watching them, pointing and trying to climb up the fence to get in to see them.


After watching the giraffes for awhile we went to see the lions and tigers.  Unfortunately both the lions and tigers were all sleeping just out of site.  Caleb and I were able to see a little of them, but it was too hard for Bella to find them.  I was disappointed she wasn't able to see them because she loves making the "roar" sound every time she sees a picture of either on of them.


We saw a lot of different birds, including flamingos.  She really liked watching the flamingos.  The zoo had a boarded off area by the flamingos that they put little peep holes in.  Bella got a kick out of peeking through and seeing them.  Next we saw the kangaroos, but they were being kinda lazy because of the heat.  They were all just laying down in the sun.  At one point one stood up only to move a little and lay back down.  So we weren't able to see them jump around.  I think Bella would have enjoyed that.


After we saw all of the animals we went back by the lions to see if they were awake.  Caleb and I were happy to see both the male and the female awake, but they were just laying down looking around.  I think Bella was able to see them, but they kind of blended in with their habitat.


Before we left the zoo we took Bella on the carousel.  She loved it.  As we were walking back to the car we stopped at the park across the street to eat our late lunch.  The weather was beautiful.  We enjoyed a nice time relaxing in the shade being entertained by our daughter.  She sure can be a crack up sometimes.


We had a great first trip to the zoo!  We plan on visiting a different one some time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment